Hi, my name is Rufus and I am a dog. My writing career began yesterday when my mom asked me to write on her blog. I never wanted to be a writer. I always just wanted to be me, which I found very easy and quite enjoyable. I always knew I liked doing certain things. For instance, I like to lick people. I like to dig. And I like to play with rocks. (I love rocks. I’ll tell you about that some other time.) But as I started writing, I found that I liked that, too, and that I also had a lot to say. I wanted to ‘spress myself. Then my Aunt Tori, who is a writing teacher, told my mom she thought I had talent, so I decided to give it a try. I hope to make money off it one day. I am not really an overnight success even though it might seem that way and the reason is because I am a dog and in dog days, I have been a writer for exactly two weeks. Still, my mom has been a writer for way longer than two weeks even in dog days—or even flea days—so even though she says she is proud of me, deep down, I think she might be a little jealous.
- Rufus ate a bag of Tate's cookies and is now passed out, waking only for water. The lesson: #sugarsucks. But if you buy it, store it high. 2 days ago
- Someday I will be able to spell Bourguignon and bourgeoisie without looking them up. Someday. Or not. 4 days ago
- I just went out to walk Rufus and guess who I ran into? Barack Obama! http://t.co/pjwhVtAdCn 1 week ago
- Remembering a Very Happy Mother's Day... wp.me/pok6l-Lc 1 week ago
- Rose (that's pink wine) party at barbutonyc. instagram.com/p/Y8kQe7u3K6/ 2 weeks ago
Rufus (click on me.)
- World Famous, Award-Winning, Heralded, Celebrated, and Time-Honored Guacamole
- Who I Am & Why I Write About What People Eat
- R.I.P. Hotel Caesars
- Why Chefs Eat Salad With Their Fingers.
- Guac-ing The Line to Victory
- Tijuana's Salad Days are Back!
- What Have You Fried Lately?
- The Annual All-American Mash Up
a day in the life appetizers Bake this! Breakfast Buy this! condiments cookbooks Cook this! Do this! Eat this! Food Politics Grains holidays ice cream kitchen stuff mexican food opinion Read this! recipes salads seafood soup stuff to cook sweets Think about this! tips Travel Uncategorized Veggies yummy products